CliniCare Shampoo -}

So many shampoos. So little time.

I know in my January favorites post I was raving on and on (or I could have been, I just tried not to bore you) about Lush's Seanik shampoo, but . . . Seanik and Big aren't everyday shampoos for me. They're just a little too . . . much.

My hair looks amazing. Until my scalp dries out and starts flaking off every where. Dandruff is never a good look for anyone.

So my daily shampoo until this week has been CliniCare with Pantene's Full and Thick shampoo. And I have to say, I quite like it. I'm not in love with it by any means, but seeing as I just finished my second bottle, I find it's pros highly outweighs it's cons.

Probably it's biggest plus mark for me, is I can buy it at my local drug store. Nothing beats the convenience of being able to (theoretically) walk in your pyjamas to the drug store to pick up a new bottle. It's also not supremely costly, around Y1200 for a bottle, which isn't very painful for me.

Another thing to toss into the pro column is the formula. I have what most white people would consider normal textured hair, but in Japan it's considered quite fine, so a lot of typical Japanese shampoos tend to weigh my hair down or make it feel overly greasy. This shampoo doesn't do that for me, and it doesn't dry out my scalp so bonus points for that.

My friend told me to try looking for bottles that had 'ハリ' or 'コシ' which means 'bounce' and 'resilience' in hair.

The only con I can really think of is that it's a Pantene product and I've never heard good things about Pantene from my hair dressers. I remember one telling me Pantene products have a tendency to cover the individual hair strand with some coating or other that gives the illusion and feel of healthy strong hair, when in fact it's not.

At any rate, I'm looking to branch out with a new shampoo now that this one is all used up. Any recommendations or suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment