January Favorites -}


January, January. Where have you gone? 

Anyway, let's get down to it! It's been a month and some favorites have clearly emerged.




Lush Seanik Shampo

I've actually had this shampoo lying about for ages, and just never got around to using it. It was bought on a total whim on my last trip to Seoul, thanks to a very good sales girl at the Lush Myeongdong store. I wanted something that would work as a travel substitute for Big and was recommended Seanik.

I think actually prefer the smell of Seanik to Big, and it leaves my hair feeling much more oomphy than normal. I haven't been able to actually test it against Big, since I only picked up it up because I'd run out of the former. But I'm certainly not rushing to get Big back when I've got a whole lot of this left. I love it! 






Yes to Tomatoes
Part of my Christmas present from my lovely sister. She actually bought me the whole range of Yes to Tomatoes! Sometimes she can be so charming and lovable.

I had picked up the spot treatment when I was in the States for the holidays in 2012 and mourning the loss of it once I'd finished it up, so I was giddily excited when I found this in my Christmas package. My acne has cleared up for the most part, but every once and a while I'll get one massive flare up. And it'll be one of those cystic like spots that just sits under the skin and festers. The Yes to Tomatoes! spot treatment has been super helpful in wishing those problem spots off on their way.
 
The serum has also helped keep period related flare-ups to a minimum. HURRAH! Such a life-saver.




Dove Vanilla and Shea Body Wash

Nothing really exciting about this body wash. It's pretty straight forward. But I swear Dove changes their body wash range depending on the season. My favorite lemongrass or something, is only available in summer so I've taken to purchasing two refill sacks at once. And while I really do love that scent, especially after a work-out, the vanilla-shea is just a really nice rich scent to send me off to bed with.
(I don't have an actual picture of this, since I used a refill pack and tossed it without really thinking about it. Whoops!)


Essie Vested Interest
I always winced at the price of OPI and Essie back in university. Eight dollars for a bottle of nail polish? EIGHT DOLLARS? You can buy a whole meal at Chipotle for eight dollars!!

It wasn't until I moved to Japan and saw the 2,100 yen price tag that I was wishing for the eight dollar sign again. So when I friend picked this bottle of Essie up for me, I was thrilled!
I can't wear many nail polishes at work, but when five o'clock Friday rolls around, you better believe I'm zipping home and doing my nails up with this beautiful color. All weekend. Every weekend. 

 

OPI Samoan Sands
Now, this lovely nude is a color I can get away with at school and as such I wear it almost every day. It's a perfect match for my skin tone and I feel like it makes my hands look so long and elegant and graceful, when they're not sabotaging my lessons, which probably means practically never in reality and only in my head.

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg

Anna from Vivianna Loves Make-up just kept going on, and on, and on about the Nars lip pencils. And when I finally got myself out of Hakata and over to Tenjin and rediscovered Iwataya's make-up counters, I had to buy one of my own. I love this color, it's not a true red – it's a bit pink-y for that, but I think it'll be a beautiful shade to rock into spring time.
I also apologize since I clearly have not quite figured out to take pictures of swatches. 

 




EXTRAS


Zendaya "Replay"


Aside from being obsessed with Frozen and it's accompanying soundtrack, like the rest of the world, I've been playing some good dance music to get me through the month. This song has been playing on repeat (a tad ironic, here) in my apartment for weeks now and I'm still not tired of dancing around to it. And the choreography is amazing. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. I need to try out this Yes To range, everybody's just saying ultra-good thing about it! Lovely January favs, yo!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything else from their other lines, but one of my friends loves their Yes to Carrots shampoo.

    Thank you! :D

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete